The Kirkland Parks Foundation is looking for a part-time project manager on a contract basis to be responsible for a 6-month project to develop and implement a STEM contest along the Kirkland Cross Kirkland Corridor sponsored by Google. Participants will include students, parents, faculty and others from within the LWSD. Prizes will be awarded to support STEM programs and activities within the schools.
The project will start in January 2018; the contest will take place in April/May and prizes will be awarded in mid-May at an event to be held by Google on its campus.
The position requires the person to manage a team of part-time people including a content manager, a user experience/graphic designer and web designer.
- Coordinate resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of the project
- Ensure that the project is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Develop project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and report progress
- Report regularly to the KPF ED and LWSF ED and escalate any issues as needed
- Manage the relationships with the various stakeholders
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Proven working experience as a project manager/administrator
- Solid technical background with understanding or hands-on experience in web technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to details and multi-tasking skills
Compensation: TBD based on experience
If interested, please contact Sally Otten email@example.com by Friday, November 17th. Hiring to be completed by Dec 1.