Commuters should expect traffic delays due to the annual Kirkland Shamrock Run to be held at Marina Park on Saturday, March 17. A course map is posted online at http://www.kirklandwa.gov/SpecialEvents.htm. The Lakeshore Plaza Parking Lot, including Kirkland Avenue from Lake Street to the city dock, will be closed to vehicles from 5:30 a.m. until noon. The boat launch will be closed from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Detours will be in place and the following lanes closed from 8:55 a.m. until the final athlete finishes at approximately 10:30 AM:
· Eastbound and westbound lanes of Kirkland Avenue from city dock to Main Street
· Eastbound lane of Kirkland Avenue from Main Street to Cross Kirkland Corridor
· Westbound lane of 7th Avenue from Cross Kirkland Corridor to 8th Street
· Northbound lane of 8th Street from 7th Avenue to 8th Avenue
· Eastbound lane of 8th Avenue from 3rd Street to 8th Street
· Northbound lane of 3rd Street from 7th Avenue to 8th Avenue
· Eastbound lane of 7th Avenue/7th Avenue W from 4th Street W to 3rd Street
· Northbound lane of 4th Street W from Waverly Way to 7th Avenue W
· Southbound lane of Waverly Way from 4th Street W to Market Street
· Southbound lane of Market Street from Waverly Way to Lakeshore Plaza
At 9:55 AM a temporary 15 minute closure of eastbound Central Way, from Market Street to Lake Street, and southbound Lake Street, from Central Way to Kirkland Avenue, will be in effect during the kids’ race.
Organizers anticipate 1,500 athletes will participate in the 7th annual event. Participants are encouraged to carpool and plan for their parking in advance. For public parking, including the Kirkland Municipal Garage, go to http://www.kirklandwa.gov/Parking.htm. For bus transportation, go to http://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov/. For event information, go to www.explorekirkland.com. For permit information contact, Sudie Elkayssi, Special Projects Coordinator, City of Kirkland Parks & Community Services Department at 425-587-3347 or firstname.lastname@example.org.