Commuters should expect traffic delays due to the 4th of July Parade to be held on Wednesday, July 4, 2018. The Lakeshore Plaza Parking Lot will be closed from 6:00 a.m. until approximately 11:00 p.m. The Lake Street Parking Lot will be closed from 6:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. The public boat launch will be closed from 9:30 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. and again from 8:30 p.m. until approximately 11:00 p.m. The parade, picnic and fireworks draw over 10,000 attendees. Event website information is available at www.celebratekirkland.org.
The following roads will be closed and detours in place from 9:30 a.m. until the roads re-open at approximately 2:00 p.m.:
- 4th, 5th and 6th Avenues from 1st Street to Market Street
- 5th Avenue W from Waverly Way to Market Street
- Waverly Way from 5th Street West to Market Street
- 2nd & 3rd Street W from 5th Ave West to Waverly Way
- Market Street from 7th Avenue to Central Way
- Lake Avenue West
- 1st Street from 3rd Avenue to Central Way
- 2nd Place from 3rd Avenue to Central Way
- Central Way from Market Street to 3rd Street
- Park Lane from Lake Street to 3rd Street
- Kirkland Avenue from Lakeshore Plaza to Main Street
- Lakeshore Plaza from Market Street to Kirkland Avenue
- Lake Street from Central Way to 2nd Avenue S
- Main Street from Central Way to Kirkland Avenue
Fireworks Ban Reminder: The sale, use and discharge of private, consumer fireworks is banned in Kirkland City limits. For more information, contact the Fire Marshal’s Office at 425-587-3650.
Event goers are encouraged to carpool and plan for their parking in advance. For public parking, including the Kirkland Municipal Garage, go to www.kirklandwa.gov/parking. For bus transportation, go to http://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov.
For permit information contact, Sudie Elkayssi, Special Projects Coordinator, City of Kirkland Parks & Community Services Department at 425-587-3347 or email@example.com.