Commuters should expect traffic delays due to the annual 12K’s of Christmas Holiday Run to be held at Heritage Park on Sunday, December 17. A course map is posted online at www.kirklandwa.gov/specialevents.
The following street closures will be in effect:
- Waverly Way between Market Street and 2nd Street West will be closed from 8:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m.
- Community boat launch, Lakeshore Plaza, Kirkland Avenue between the City dock and Lake Street, and the southbound lane of Lake Street from Kirkland Avenue to 7th Avenue S will be closed from 9:20 a.m. until 10:00 a.m.
All other impacted roadways will be closed from 9:20 a.m. until approximately 11:30 a.m. or when the last runner passes:
- Southbound lane of Market Street from 10th Avenue to Waverly Way
- Eastbound lane of 10th Avenue from Market Street to 3rd Street
- Northbound lane of 3rd Street from 7th Avenue to 10th Avenue
- Westbound lane of 7th Avenue from 112th Avenue NE to 3rd Street
- Eastbound lane of 12th Avenue from 6th Street to 110th Avenue NE
- 6th Street between 12th Avenue and 10th Avenue
- Westbound lane of 10th Avenue from 6th Street to Market Street
The 12K’s of Christmas Holiday Run hosts 2,500 athletes during the event which includes a Kids Dash, 5K run/walk and 12K run/walk. The event will raise money in support of the King County Humane Society.
Event goers are encouraged to walk, bike, or carpool, and plan for their parking in advance. For public parking, including the Kirkland Municipal Garage, go to www.kirklandwa.gov/parking. For bus transportation, go to http://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov. For event information go to www.explorekirkland.com. For permit information contact, Sudie Elkayssi, Special Projects Coordinator, City of Kirkland Parks & Community Services Department at 425-587-3347 or email@example.com.