Eastside March announced the speakers and booths for the Eastside March for Justice, which is on Saturday, March 25th, starting at Kirkland’s Houghton Beach Park at 9:30 AM.
Confirmed speakers and booths, as of March 13th, include the:
- 48thand 41st District Democrats
- Eastside Refugee and Immigrant Coalition
- Indivisible Kirkland Kenmore
- Kirkland Safe
- Planned Parenthood
- Puget Sound Advocates for Retirement Action
- Washington Autism Alliance and Advocacy
- Bobby Righi, Administrative Vice President, Puget Sound Advocates for Retirement Action
- Caley Cook, President of the Society of Professional Journalists and a professor at the University of Washington School of Communications
- David Greschler, Kirkland Safe
- James Terwilliger, 48th District Democrats
- Joan McBride, Washington State Representative, 48th Legislative District
- Mike Kipling, Legal Committee member for the ACLU of Washington
- Penny Sweet, Councilmember, Kirkland City Council
- Susan Steckler, Director of Strategic Communications, Washington Autism Alliance and Advocacy
Demonstrators will march north on the Lake Washington Blvd. and Lake St. sidewalks. The march ends at Marina Park with the above speakers and booths, so marchers can get information about the organizations and how they can help. The event ends at 1 PM.
Eastside March helps people living or working on the Eastside get more engaged in protecting and promoting civil and reproductive rights, public education, access to affordable healthcare, the environment, and many other progressive causes.
For up-to-date and complete information, go to www.facebook.com/eastsidemarch